Your Best Work {a series on entrepreneurship}

As I have been writing about entrepreneurship, I have been receiving great comments and questions about life as an entrepreneur. I have shared a little about why I chose this and how I shape my workday, but I want to start diving in to what I believe is the most important part of the discussion around entrepreneurship.

When I made the risky choice of being self-employed, I did it because I felt that it was the only way I could do what I am meant to do. A purpose, a calling, a talent, whatever it is to you, we all have it. We all have one thing (which may include many parts) that we are meant to do. At least, this is what I believe. I felt that this path was the only way I could truly pursue my life's work and fulfill my destiny.

I also know that everything up until this point has been a part of it. I haven't take a radical leap and dismissed my past experiences and choices. In fact, my past brought me to this moment where I get to live this life now. I was on the path all along.

When I talk to people about pursuing a passion or talent, I like to talk about doing YOUR BEST WORK. This sums up, for me, what a vocation can be. Our lives are about more than work and work isn't everything in life. I also like to think about being the best parent I can be. We are not just our work. But we still want to do our best work.

YOUR BEST WORK can be defined as work which utilizes your skills and talents, enriches you personally, and allows you the room to be challenged, to grow, to evolve, and to be better. Your Best Work is not a static target, but rather, it is an ever-evolving state of you achieving your potential most of the time. It is not a place we can Get To. We are either in it or not. We can make choices to be in it or not. We can do our BEST WORK anywhere at anytime if we want.

It took me many years to learn this.

This isn't about changing careers, although it could be. This isn't about radical life-shifting changes, although it could be that too. It IS about shifting your perspective and focusing on what you are meant to do and how you can make that true today.

YOUR BEST WORK can happen today. It can be something you make possible tomorrow. It is about examining your true self, knowing your purpose, aligning your life, and making choices that allow you to serve your purpose today and everyday.

So, how do we do that? This is big work and I am excited to share with you everything I have learned in my twenty plus years of business, my years of entrepreneurship and motherhood, and my insights since I discovered how to Love My Work.

Over the next few months I will be launching a new project which will allow us to connect and share and hopefully allow you to love your work and do you best work every day.

Be sure to stay connected by signing up for our newsletter and you will be the first to know of these exciting projects!



Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Comments

Popular Posts