It has been fun sharing our tips and recipes for simplifying family dinners. I have found so many of you on Instagram and love following along with your families and cooking.
Today I am sharing my last recipe for what to do with the leftover roast chicken. I first posted this meal on Instagram, and received so many comments and questions.
Stuff Your Own Taco is one of our favorite meals. This is also a great way to get some veggies and protein in kids while they have fun making their tacos. I also use this as an opportunity to use up leftovers and stray veggies and condiments.
Easy Chicken Tacos
- Shred the white meat from your leftover roast chicken and place in a skillet
- Warm over medium heat, sauteeing for a few minutes
- Stir in your favorite salsa, approximately 4 tablespoons, more if you like it really saucy
- Warm through and serve with your tacos shells and condiments
Stuff Your Own Taco
- Shred cheese, cabbage, lettuce, carrots, or other veggies
- Chop peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, or other toppings
- Place salsa, guacamole, sour cream, or other favorite taco condiments in small bowls with spoons
- Warm tortillas or taco shells
- Bring all the fixings to the table, family style, with spoons for serving and allow everyone to make their own taco
As a thank you to my Instagram fans, I am hosting a GIVEAWAY on Instagram today. Head on over and follow me to find out more about what I am giving away!