I {heart} Shortbread



I have a healthy obsession with shortbread. Real, buttery shortbread. Simple to make and perfect with tea, it is my go-to cookie to bake.

I started selling shortbread when I discovered how much I love all the varieties of flavors that compliment the butter so well. Lemon, Vanilla, Earl Grey Tea, Lavender, Chai, Lime, Espresso- I could go on. Pictured above are my brown sugar Vanilla Shortbread dipped in dark chocolate. That's real, Callebaut chocolate. A few of these went down just fine with a cup of homemade chai tea earlier this evening. And I think they will make a sweet treat for those I love. But I will have to make more. These won't last for long.

Kimberley's All Butter Shortbread
*this is a great recipe for kids, with only a few ingredients, have your helper mix it for you and allow them to shape some of the cookies

1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
1/2 cup organic sugar (you may sub confectioners sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour

*cream butter in medium bowl, add sugar, blend
*add vanilla, blend and mix until combined
*add flour, salt, blend
*you may roll into a log and chill (slice when you want to bake) or to cut into shapes roll between two floured pieces of parchment to 1/4 inch thick and cut
*bake in a 350 degree preheated oven on silpat/parchment lined cookie sheet
*bake 12-15 mins
*makes 12-24 depending on size

Flavor Variations
*this is the fun part*
Substitute the following for the vanilla:
*1 teaspoon lemon or lime zest
*finely ground tea such as Earl Grey
*finely ground lavender (only use culinary lavender)
*use your imagination and experiment!

~Enjoy~
Kimberley

Comments

Popular Posts